Tuesday 22 January 2013

Winter Draws On

(Click on image to view full-size version)

I was asked recently if I'd taken any photos of the snow.

Well compared to the rest of the UK we've not had a huge amount of the white stuff. We thought the weekend was going to be rough and so cancelled our usual Saturday trip and I did an extra shop in town last Thursday.

In the event it wasn't too bad althought it was bitterly cold. A larger amount of snow fell Sunday night and we had a fair covering Monday morning. The main roads had been gritted and were moving well but the pavements were treacherous. A neighbour offered me a lift down to Morrisons.

Before shopping I took a quick photograph of the supermarket car park which you can see on Hyde Daily Photo.

After shopping I took another quick photograph which you can see above.

A contribution to Our World Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, it does look like winter!! Great shot, Gerald!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah good to see some else has snow. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis a wintry photo ~ Nice shot ~

    (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    We are expecting 3-5 in in New England tonight and tomorrow ~ had mild weather till now and then a cold blast after the snow ~ Winter set set in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to put my finger on why I find your photos so interesting. I feel I ought to think it boring to take a picture of a carpark like this - but I don't. There is definitely something special about your pictures. They may be about very every day places but are also definitely not 'snaps'.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog