Monday 13 July 2009

Gee Cross Well Dressing 2009


Yesterday I went up to the Well Dressing Ceremony that starts each year from outside the Grapes Hotel.


It was led, as in previous years by the Adamson Band.


I've posted a short video clip on Ackworth Born, Gone West.


Booth's Well was dressed by members of Gee Cross & District Women's Institute whose theme this year was the Bandstand in Hyde Park.


The Village Green Well is the responsibility of the Guides, Brownies and Rainbows. "Changing the World" depicts several of the logos of the Charities the girls have been supporting.


At Hyde Chapel, the display by pupils from Alder Community High School is intended to "remind everyone in our throw away society how important it is to recycle, save energy and conserve our dwindling resources".

I didn't follow the band or visit all the sites this year.

For more about the Well Dressing ceremony, read my account of the 2008 Gee Cross Well Dressing and my photographs of the 2006 Gee Cross Well Dressing.

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks Gerald for posting these pics, my dad was talking about it today, and I said that I didn't know if you would get there this year now that you live at Cockshoots!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog